June 9, 2012

My life at home

I think that both my parents and I are starting settling down and getting a hang of it... although I enjoy changing up my schedule a little, as soon as my parents start getting used to it. He-he!  ;o)
Yes. I'm a little Naughty Boy!
But I think that this way they won't get too bored with me, if I keep it... interesting. In a sense, they've been driving me up and down to go to my pediatrician's appointments, my mom's doc's appointment, to get some flowers & groceries, stopping at the Antlers and Valbruna offices to say CIAO to our friends... therefore, I can put some pepper in their lives too, correct?  ;o)

I'm bundled up for my 1st stroller ride to the Little Beach Park with my mom
(on 6/3/12)

Me in my Green Ferrari Stroller!  :)

Resting on our front patio after my first outing:
Life is good!!! :o>

Now. I don't have any pictures from my pediatrician's visits, but I can tell you that... I showed them, I am NOT loosing weight!!! 
The doc was a little concerned that my weight from the discharge papers was 7 oz lower than that at my first visit up here, although he did see me in very good condition. Therefore, he didn't believe I lost that much weight, but wanted to make sure I was eating enough.
Well. Let me tell you! My mom, dad and I had a pow-wow and were able to figure it out right away: here they were weighing me AS NAKED AS I COULD BE(!), not even with a diaper on!!! I was sooo chilly, that... well... I lightened up my "load" by peeing in the office at the first visit, and on the scale at my second visit. I must admit it: it was fun to see my mom's and my nurse's faces - he-he!
Ooops! Sorry, I got carried away.  ;o)
My weight at my second visit was 7 lbs and 10 oz, so... I gained 7 oz in 4 days! Even more than the expected 1 oz/day, that the doc would like to see me gaining. Yesss! Hoooray for me!!!  :o>

This is me with my Grandma Ratz (a.k.a.: Jeanette)

She came to visit us to help taking care of me and keeping my parents in line, especially my mom... since it took her a little while to finally start napping with me and let grandma taking care of things around here. I'm sleeping sooo much better now with my mom by my side! And she feels much better too! ThanX grandma!  :)

Oh! For all the folks who kept telling my mom... "Make grandma work hard!" Yes! She is working hard and (I think) having fun too... at least she doesn't get too bored.  ;o)

I just hope Grandpa Ratz isn't getting too bored being all alone at home though. I know he was doing a bunch of chores and... ehm... although he's a "PETA fan", he couldn't get whatever animal (a bunny or a deer?) got my Grandma's lettuce. Auch!  Is he going to be "sent to the corner" once grandma comes back home?!? (Poor grandpa!)

The other big news is: on 6/6th... THEY FINALLY GAVE ME A BATH!!!  :)

Well. Ok. I got few sponge baths since my birth, but now that my belly button healed, they were finally able to give me a full bath! It felt sooo good! Although at the beginning I was a little bit mixed... didn't really know what was going on. It also took both mom and dad to get organized with warming up their bathroom, getting my little tub ready and wash me up, while grandma was being our paparazzi for the big occasion. Can't wait for my next bath now!!!  :o>

Hey! What's happening? Why is my mom sooo serious???

Oh! Now dad's pitching in too???
Hmmm... it must be a big deal, but I still don't know what's going on
with all this slushing fluid around me. Hmmm...

Ooohhh!!! I kinda like it!!!
Sooo, is this what they call... a spa day???
We should start doing this more often!!!

Is it really already over?
Can't you just put me back in my tub... just for a little longer???

And last by not the least: I GOT MY FIRST VISITORS!!! :)
Alexandra and Simone stopped by while biking from Edwards last Monday. 
Alexandra is such a Sweetheart! I can't wait to go biking and hiking with her and mom... since this past Fall my mom had to keep saying to her she couldn't go, because she was pregnant with me and wasn't yet telling people. That was our little secret!
And Simone! He is a funny guy!!! His wife joked with us that he is "pregnant" too, because he has a nice belly - he-he!  ;o)  My mom saw he needed a little "energy"  to bike back home so... we killed two birds with one stone: we got him to cook some yummy pasta for us!
Hip-hip-hooraaayyy for Chef Simo!!! Grazie ancora della buonissima pasta!!!  :)  
Btw: you guys should come back some other time, because we didn't take any pictures together. I'd love to have some pictures with you newly weds!!! Ancora tanti auguriii!!!  :o>

Then Sheryl came over for a quick visit too and helped my mom putting me to sleep.
And the Cassidys' visited me as well, before they left for their BABY-MOON(!) vacation. I can't wait to find out if they're going to have a little baby boy like me, or a baby girl. Hmmm...

Me and my Sweet American Aunt Cindyyy!!!
We did quite a few hikes together, while I was in my mom's belly.

Uncle Pat is squeezing in our picture:
he is a TAAALLL guy!!! Wow!!!
I wanna start eating to get that tall too!!!

My dad is showing off and giving them their first lesson:
101 - Diaper change
It looks like uncle Pat is really interested into it - wow!

Oh! Ok. Now I know what was going on...
he was trying to "hide" his beer.
They're having a 101-Diaper change lesson... the guys' way!
Hey! I like that!!!
You know... as my dad keeps saying:
It's a guys' thing!  ;o)

That's all for this time.
Big kiss and many hugs to you all!!!
Your Indy  :)

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Lov ya Indyyyyyy : ) !! Life is beautyfull

Elisa said...

Lov ya Indyyyyyy : ) !! Life is beautyfull