June 20, 2013

Long awaited post #2: Family fun in Fruita

Before our Chicago trip, Mom & I decided that Dad needed to relax and we got him to come with us to Fruita. This time we stayed at the local campground, renting one of their cabins. Thankfully we did so, because the first night was pretty darn coooold! But we had a great time while hiking and enjoying ourselves at the camp. Mom also hoped on her road bike to do the Colorado National Monument NP loop. Mommy, you rock!!!
Taking a nap before our next adventure

Enjoying our campground in Fruita:
I loved playing with rocks, but Mom wouldn't let me eat them.
Darn it!

 Well.
My Dad was thirsty after taking me for a good hike!

 Waiting for dinner with my ducky friend


 Having a ball hiking with Mom & Dad!
(I look cool, don't I???)

 Well.
At least until I don't pass out.
Memo to myself:
tell Mom NOT to take these type of pics anymore!!!






I'm awake again and horsing around with my Dad

 Mom had great time biking, while Dad & I had some good guys' time

She made it!
Highest point in the park. 

Enjoying my Mom after her ride:
we loved swinging together!

 Digging my back-pack!
(Thanx to my Twins Cousins!!!)

 Hiking the Dino Hill by Fruita

 Here they dug out a whole dino and took it to the Chicago museum of Nature & Science!

Back to our truck:
what a day!

No comments: